Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Electrics

The Forester

Does anyone know how to get a K Series S3 "proper" wiring diagram. I have one back break light that doesn't work (No it's not the fuse or bulb). The tail light in the same cluster is OK so I'm assuming that there must be a connection under the dash perhaps that's faulty. Any ideas

Cheers

Hi *wavey*,

If i remember correctly, there is only one wire (Green/Purple Stripe) going to the rear of the car feeding both. So if one works the problem must be at the back. Check all connections for corroded terminals.

Regards,

Giles

I had the same problem a few weeks back (passenger side brake light not working, only 7volts) and posted on here in tech talk. The brake wiring travels from the switch at the brake pedal, down the transmission tunnel and to the drivers side rear wheel arch where it branches off at a connector all wrapped up in tape (well, mine was) and heads across to the passenger side. In my case I unwrapped the tape on the drivers side, replaced the connector and cleaned the area up and then had both working brake lights again. *cool*

So, have a peek in the drivers side wheel arch and look for the wiring coming through to the back light.

*smile*

• Leadership Team

I forgot to add that the high line brake light above the spare which is teed into the left hand side light doesn't work either
So are you suggesting you have 2 lights out - high level brake light and left hand brake light? Is the high level brake light fitted with the proper loom adapter?

Does removing the HLBL loom and connecting the original plugs cause both wing mounted lights to work okay?

If so you may have a bad connection where the loom for the high level brake light breaks into the loom for the lights - separate the plugs, check the pins and try re-connecting.

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 25 Oct 2011 12:29:15