Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seen at Brooklands today

TobyCoulson

I live about 5 minutes away.
That explains it, lucky you living so near to Brooklands.

Some lovely cars there today
Yes, I liked the grey MGA with the Honda S2000 engine, apparently the red MGA also had that engine, and the pre war Aston Martin, SS100 and Lagonda who all turned up late and couldn't get in the paddock 😳.

Quoting sjd: 
I live about 5 minutes away.
That explains it, lucky you living so near to Brooklands.

Some lovely cars there today
Yes, I liked the grey MGA with the Honda S2000 engine, apparently the red MGA also had that engine, and the pre war Aston Martin, SS100 and Lagonda who all turned up late and couldn't get in the paddock 😳. They were all Lagondas

Quoting sjd: 
oops 😳. I should have gone to Specsavers.
The green one was a pre war V12 Le Mans car although the one in the middle which I thought had Lagonda on the bonnet is an SS100 going by some research I've done. I should go to Specsavers as well 😬

TobyCoulson Quoting sjd:

oops. I should have gone to Specsavers.

The green one was a pre war V12 Le Mans car although the one in the middle which I thought had Lagonda on the bonnet is an SS100 going by some research I've done. I should go to Specsavers as well

So I only have to go to Vision Express, what a relief 😬.

The red car-J372 VMO is mine. Following the demise of the immobiliser I have had to use the D lock more and it seems quite effective. I have yet to drive off with it in place but, as I am 65 this year I shall probably have a senior moment at any time and put it to the test!

I am a volunteer at Brooklands and it was good to see a fine turn out of cars which is good news for the museum.

I had several interesting chats, one with the owner of the 1500 Cosworth 7 who has owned it since 1970.

Another was with the owner of the stunning MGA Roadster, fitted with a Honda S2000 engine, 6 speed box and fully independant rear end. I had owned a Mk 2 MGA between 1967-73 which had a much modied MGB engine and was pretty quick in its day with around 120-130bhp. What one is like with 240bhp I can only guess at. It was a very professional job, executed to a very high standard and must have cost a small fortune. The owner says he has no trouble keeping up with Porker 911's, much to their annoyance, and as the MGA weighs only about 900k it is much lighter than the Honda. What a Q car. I want one !