Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerflex bush PF8-901

bobt

Hi peebs, just recieved a few in the post from an ebay supplier and would just like to check the authentisity of parts because they look different to bushes I've had from them in the past (non caterham ones)

This bush is the one used in the A-frame forward mounting points.

I've received a stainless inner, a steel sleave, two poly cups and two nylon washers.

What gets me about this is that the cups are placed over each end of the steel sleave, and then the stainless inner inserted through the middle. This means that the steel sleave is being used as a bearing to inner part. Only a light interference fit is holding the inner from dropping out and crap from getting between the bearing faces. I thought that with powerflex bushes it was the poly that is used as a bearing surface and not metal to metal ?

Can anybody verify this?

thanks

The steel sleeve should be clamped when the fixing is torqued up so it does not rotate on the bolt.

The way poly bushes act as a hinge, rather than a flexible rubber bush is just one of the technical problems with them - ingress of dirt and wear can increase friction and sticktion.

If you use these I would recommend assembling with plenty of grease. Possibly Faxene red rubber grease but check with bush manufacturer.