Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blatchat - Chit Chat

Sumo

• Area Representative

I would suggest that something other than Chit Chat should be in pole position in the index with a What's On section, then Tech Talk, followed by Chit Chat?

We could even emphasise the Club's charitable activities by putting the Helping Others section to the top? The impression to outsiders and occasional visitors might then be rather more positive?

I do wonder if people might be less vitriolic if each posting contained their real name and membership number. I would have no problem with that. I use a pseudonym only because I was poking fun at myself for owning and driving an SV.

Hi Philip,

I'd be interested to hear others' views on this, I'm not averse to changing the order of the forums.

I'm less keen on moving 'Helping Others' to the top, this is a car club and our primary focus is the members and their cars, the fact that we help others is laudable, but not our main purpose.

Barry

• Area Representative

Order of Forums: I think it's fine as it is. I certainly feel that most of the changes to the forums have not just created work for Barry but endless grief too, as most of the changes have created a furore and typical storm of hot air (often from a tiny number of posters). It is good to review things from time to time but if something is working, you need a very good reason to change it.

I confess that I made a suggestion for an additional forum and others must also have asked too; in this case for separating "Spotted". I felt that ChitChat was cluttered with lots of threads most of which were entitled only "Spotted" and I feel that it has been succesful.

I don't mind showing my name but it is visible in my profile (in that my visible e-mail address reveals my name) but I doubt it will address the problem. I would also state that there are other forums which are too anodyne despite their usefulness. But, Phil, I know a lot of people's BlatChat ID as well as their name. I also read a lot of names and have never met the people themselves.

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

• Area Representative

Fair points both. No intention to creat more work for Barry - top man *thumbup*

Still keen on moving "Chit Chat "lower down the grid, at least out off pole position, but I doubt if there will be sufficient feedback to warrant change. "Suggestions" has a lowly grid slot! 😬