Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seatbelt bolts

elie boone

Hi Elie,

since I have got the thread gauges and the micrometer out this evening...

The seat belt mounting bolts are 7/16 UNF.

I have 8 seat belt eye bolts (they have a 1 inch long threaded section) which came off my Seven when I fitted the new 4 point harnesses . I also have 4 of the short mounting bolts (also 1 inch long threaded section). Normally these are the floor ones in a Caterham. I used them with the triangular plates that I fitted temporarily to the top mounting points to allow the boot cover (and tonneau to fit properly). I now know that the top bolts should be the long ones so that they go all the way through the crossbar behind the seats.

I got the triangular plates and bolts from Luke (safety harnesses) (Chris Palmer). They don't normally sell them separately but they should be able to advise to where to source seat belt bolts. (Tel:+44 1424 854499 Fax:+44 1424 854488 corbeau sales(at)corbeau-seats.co.uk

They have eye bolt sets (including the nuts and mounting plates + stress plates).

Stress plates

eye bolts

I have 8 x snap hooks from the old harnesses in addition to the eye bolt and other fittings.

You can have any of them if they are of use to you.

Are you free any time over the next two weeks to assist in fitting the half doors and the armrest/escutcheon plates for my new side screens?

Gavin

1988 1700 Supersprint (LA, long cockpit)