Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Have I got the right A-frame bush?

Drumster

I've been given some Powerflex PF8-903 bushes as shown here and they look very similar to the Y16 rubber ones that Caterham supply.

My 7 is a '93 De Dion and needs 2 bushes for the A-frame. A bit confused as Powerflex's site says "1 per car".

I have actually fitted them already (albeit only yesterday), but now the seeds of doubt are growing *confused* *redface*

Are the Powerflex ones actually the same as the Caterham Y16s?

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

Edited by - Aeroscreens on 14 Mar 2010 11:02:54

• Area Representative

Hi Chris - from the photo on the Poweflex website those bushes appear to have little or no taper compared to the Y16s. How much 'squish' do they have? Some poly bushes can be rock hard and I would be concerned about possible over-stressing of the 'A' frame or De Dion tube mountings if that was the case. But if they are a good physical fit and ar as flexible as the original rubber bushes, they're probably fine.

Cruds

Aft'noon Cruds,

I'll post up a photo of the Caterham & Powerflex bush for a comparison later.

There is some taper and they do appear v. similar to Caterham's, but they are rock hard. Didn't seem to have too much trouble compared to normal in fitting them, but having looked at Powerflex's ebay ad here I'm just as confused *redface*

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

I think the part you have may be a 2 part bush designed to replace the single bush used on later tubes. Simillar question here. I am also fairly sure that they make the Y16 in poly. I have the later bush in a replacement narrow buttress tube, and am not sure that this is correct. Seems to work though.

I think if your tube is original this may be the wrong part, but happy to be proved wrong.

Having looked at the image in your last post (wouldn't load last night due to slow connection at my end), they look like they taper and are the same length(ish) so they could be right. When they said 1 per car they may have meant 1 kit of 2 bushes?

Edited by - Molecular--Bob on 15 Mar 2010 09:19:05