Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ransomes Motor Triple Ride-On Lawnmower Price Reduced

Crudders

• Area Representative

Offered for sale by a friend’s elderly uncle following the sale of the land on which it is used. I naturally thought of all you landed Blatchatters who might like a new toy, I mean, tool.

The model is the same as this one here on sale in Germany, but without the lighting, double front wheels and showroom shine.

As the name implies, 3 cylinder cutters (one below, two to front/side) with 7’ 2" cutting width.

2 cylinder diesel engine, key start.

Foot controls - clutch, accelerator.

Hand controls – forward/neutral/reverse, power to cutters, raising/lowering of cutters, handbrake.

Rear wheel steering with very tight turning circle.

Kept undercover in a well ventilated barn and in good working order, but would no doubt benefit from a little TLC and a new battery (038 type, about £45)

Located near Cowfold, West Sussex. Collection only – overall dimensions (and a few more images of a similar but much scruffier model) can be found on this link here.

Looking for offers IRO £750 (price reduced - see below).

Post interest here, blatmail me or call zero-seven-nine-seven-four nine-two-seven-six-one-eight.

Crudders

Edited by - crudders on 7 Feb 2010 17:50:45

• Area Representative

*arrowup*

Over two hundred views and no replies - is that because this is the wrong kind of machine, price too high, or some other reason?

Any tips from those in the know (other advertising forums etc.) would be much appreciated.

This really is a very capable machine offered at a low price, but I'm told that elderly uncle is keen to reclaim the space and would be prepared to accept £500 before taking a punt on ebay.

Cruds

It's an interesting piece of kit, but I think best suited to someone with a very large, flat, close cut lawn - such as a football pitch. And it may need fettling to keep it running well. But £500 would seem good value to the right person, especially at this time of the year.

It should find the right level on ebay.

Crudders

Mike C is pretty much right. Assuming your machine is the same as the one pictured in Germany.

If you look at the reels ( cutters) you will see 4 blades) these will give a pretty good finish - I used Sabo mowers with the same style of cutters for most of my grass ( I cut approx 10 + acres - once or twice a week). The finish would be like that of a Golf fairway not a green.

The main problem with your mower aside of spares - is the rear wheels - it is designed as a zero turn i.e it will turn it it's own length - great for doing around trees/tight curves etc BUT those wheels will skid/chew the ground up etc if the ground is even ever so slightly soft. Also it won't be great on slopes either up or down & esp. sideways.

All said & done Ransomes are the preferred weapon of choice for a lot of councils etc & it will be a well made machine. Modern machines tend to be 4wd/all hydraulic & a lot quicker perhaps with a bias to outfront rotary decks.

It will sell - give it a couple of weeks as the grass is nearly growing again *eek*

Cheers

Guy

Give enough monkeys each a chemistry set and sooner or later one of them will blow us up