Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compomotive Wheels - revisited - Prices confirmed.

jeremybu

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still active but at the moment I don't think numbers are sufficient. If you want 2 sets that will probably put us back to the required amount but regards offsets etc, that must remain your responsibility as these vary from user to user depending on existion wheel sizes, brakes used and so on. I had ET18 on 7" and ET25 on 8" which fitted fine but that's not to say it will work for you.

If Jake is still in, then numbers will be enough but we need ti wait which increases the risk of another drop out but that's how it is I suppose.

Jeremy, I am almost done filling out the form....These wheels will just be my daily driving wheels (aside from the winter set/track set) so I think grey with the following but I need some further advice from you guys on this!

rear: 7" to fit 185 or 205 (or should I get 7.5"?)

front: 6.5" to fit 185s.... or should I go for 7" or just stick with 6"????

The offset thing is still confusing me, I did talk with Chris at Compomotive and I could just email him where I want the rim to extend out to on the rear but I was wondering if anyone has any pics of 7" on the rear running 185s with a known offset that I could check out?

2002 Supersport (138bhp)

185s are fine on 6" and if you are going to run 185 all round then 6" all round too will mean you can swap ends if needs be.

I had a pair of ET20 6" and they fit at the front and I can't see why they wouldn't be fine on my De Dion rear too.

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.

Yes, I now have 185s all around....but I may have some extra cash floating my way soon and the stuff always burns a hole quickly so I may upgrade to the 170ish range or a bit more and would want to run the 205s at that point. So given that, I would think that a 7 inch would give me more flexibility there....given this, any suggestion on the offset? Maybe as low as 14 or so or would that stick out too much?

Hi,

I have taken some measurements re offset as well.

I have now 6" ET23 all around, 185 front/ 205 rear, on a 1992 dedion with ARB above diff. I keep the tyre sizes.

Front:

I would go for 6,5" ET 23, what would extend the width on both sides by 6mm. I have enough space, so should be a no-brainer. Just wondering why last time BB 6,5” was ET19/20. Does someone have any why that was the case?

Rear:

Here 8" with ET18, what would give 20mm more inner and 30mm outer width, what means the tyre would shift 5mm to the outside. Outside is fine but inner width could be a bit tight in the ARB link area. Has anyone the same dedion/ ARB setup and could provide a suitable ET for that? Would be very great.

Thanks in advance and cheers Volker

PS: just in case somewhere has missed that. Here the link to an offset calculator as previous posted somewhere.

German Sevener in Scotland

Edited by - Damdy-Cash on 25 Nov 2009 21:12:54

I only have a form back for from you Jake.

Once I have the forms back, I'll check the final figure for you all and let you know what deposit you need to send. It will payable to Compomotive.

We did get centres last time but I don't use mine as I agree with Phil that they don't look great.

You may be better with some flatter caps from elsewhere as I think the ones that come from Compo are designed to take a protruding bearing.

The only information I can give re offsets is to reiterate my previous post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re offsets. The previous order was fairly consistent and was generally as follows:

6" ET20

6.5" ET19/20

7" ET18/20

8" ET20

8.5" ET 24

I had 6" ET 20 (F), 7" ET 18 (F) and 8" ET20 ® which were all fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------