Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intercom

RoyH

I know this is a well-posted topic, and have read the posts over the last year before adding my twopennorth.

I want to set myself up (again) with an intercom system.

The parameters are pretty simple, really. As well as acting as a good intercom, it needs to be able to take my GPS and an MP3 player.

I’m currently running with a windscreen so want to use ear defenders for the intercom.

Before I joined the L7C, and in blissful ignorance, I invested in an Intaride system, which was professionally fitted and which I couldn’t ever get working properly.

Whatever solution I go for I will get an auto electrician to install. My electrical knowledge is even less than my mechanical knowledge and I don’t want to start messing about with it myself.

I don’t even know if I’m asking a question that the forum can effectively answer….

Would I be better off going with a new Autocom system, and, if so, which bits? Or should I try and resurrect the Intaride system?

Penn 7s Joint AR with Markiebabes (aka The Blatmeister)

We use an AutoCom ..... got a 12V switched feed from the ignition switch, in-line fuse, ran the wire along under the edge of the tunnel top, locate the AutoCom in the little triangular pocket of the SBFS Draught Reducer between the seats with the MP3 player (set to random play) and Bob's your Uncle. Nothing complicated. If your sat-nav has a headphone socket, you can connect that too. Also phone.

Talk to Sam at Chainspeed

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 18 Jul 2009 20:37:55