Click here if you are having website access problems ×

discs

duh

Can anyone give me the exact dimensions for a front disc.Its from a 2001 r400 which will have the big brakes on it.On my last invoice from Caterham they call it just a 10" front ventilated disc.Thanks.

Ok...I have on my desk now, a new 10" disc from Alcon, supplied by performance braking. It's one of the new type they are doing with seperate bell and rotor...so I am assuming, they may have different offset bell's to suit different cars (If other caterham front vented discs are different to mine...mine are to suit 97 Vx)...

He has std discs to suit my car at nearly half the price of CC so it may be worth a shot.

PS the new type were not half the price, but they look twice as sexy! *smokin*

In the long run you can change the rotor only thus saving in the future. *thumbup*

Ok..it seems that the front disc here here fits almost everything..

So I hope I am right to assume the new discs I have received today from PB (alcon) will fit your car. PB have a limited number of sets of new one piece discs by Alcon (80 quid each) or the new 2 piece items I have just bought for my car 120 quid each.

pics of new discs can be seen here. I have put them on my car and they fit a treat.

see pics of new discs herehere

Gary

A result then Gary !

*cool*

It's easy to justify them on the future savings to be made by just having to buy the rotor and not the bell isn't it ? Although even the full disk/rotor is slightly cheaper that Caterhams price ?

You can thank Rob Walker for highlighting these.

Ex Chairman Roger

I've got the caterham big brakes on my 2002 car, however my vented discs measure 247mmx18mm. I've got 2.5mm running clearance in the caliper so no way a 254mm disc would fit. Is caterhams 10" disc actually 10" or have they just rounded up the measurement. Something odd going on here.

My mistake, used by bust tape they do measure 254!

Edited by - prs on 3 Jun 2009 16:18:55

I have just ordered 4 discs from PB.It would appear that Alcon at one time made the discs for Caterham,and these are old stock.Slightly concerned that on this 2002 car it has a different size disc.

Managed to get the very last pair of Alcon one piece discs, he's still got plenty of bell type. Had a good chat and if enough interest is shown there is a chance they might do another run. However, Alcon's minimum batch size is 500, ie 250 pairs so this is unlikely. However PB said they could produce there own with sufficient interest.