Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec R500 Sensor Question

andrew_r

Hello everyone - My first post

I am building a Duratec R400 from a component kit and want to install DTH Throttle Bodies (unfortunately not the R500 items) instead of the single plenum arrangement.

I also wish to fit the Stack instrument unit, R500 silver switches and keyless go from the current spec R500. I will run a standard MBE ECU with Custom Map. My engine will be to R400 spec, built by Raceline.

I have a small question about the engine sensors to enable me to determine if I can use a standard R500 engine and main wiring loom.

Please can you tell me what sensors are supported by the standard R500 loom. I guess they are:

- TPS - where abouts is it installed on the R500 Throttle Bodies

- Lamda HEGO sensor on the Precat

- Crank position

- Cam position

- Water Temperature

What others are supported (MAP, Stack ??) and where are they physically installed.

Also, does the R500 run a fuel regulator on the fuel rail, or the same arrangement at the rear of the car as used on the R400.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Andrew

Can't you make your own loom utilising what you have and refer to the wire diagram.

In addition to those you list, you could/should need Stack oil pressure sender located next to oil filter in same housing, then oil temp sender located in either DS tank or wet sump, fuel pressure sender located before inlet to fuel rail (front). Personally, I would recommend a minimum 3.7bar fuel regulator be installed on the rear of fuel rail, that way your get a more accurate presence within the rail (no pressure drop) and only one pressurised fuel pipe running the length of the car *wink*

Want to rent an 18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset?