Click here if you are having website access problems ×

engine out - what else to do

taffyracer

Change the CRB & clutch now it's out ... *confused*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Flanders AO - l7C.flanders.ao@telenet.be

Hose out the "grot traps". Allow to dry for a week in a warm dry garage. Then spray with Waxoyl and run some along the trough at the bottom of the side skins where they wrap under the chassis rails.

Peter

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much IQ per Pound 😬

Definitely clean the 'bay - but I wasn't convinced by waxoyl when I was using my 7 through the winter when I first got it. My reservation is that it tends to accumulate grit and cr&p itself.

I prefer the option of a decent clean and theny trying to keep on top of it with regular floodings of WD40/GT85/whatever.

Might be worth thinking if you need any extra wiring put neatly into the loom - eg. for a remote relay/switch for the fan, speedo wiring for a wheel-based sensor (bike computer, Vapor, Stack/whatever).

Mebbe now's (almost) the time to make/fit a half-bay (up to the front of the sump) undertray to help keep the grot out in the first-place. I wouldn't go for a full tray in retrospect - keeps the engine-bay very-clean but also keeps heat in.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Ok great, so basic maintenance, i've just ordered pace dry sump and Elite sequential box, so new clutch and CRB will do as a matter of course and will look at the wiring, would like a stack dash.....god i'm rebuilding the whole car virtually!

Edited by - taffyracer on 12 Apr 2009 09:16:21