Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacement battery x-flow

Midnight

I know this has been aired many times here but what is the opinion on the best

battery to replace the Banner on my xflow. I'd also like to reposition the new battery on top of the passenger foot well. I've had good service from the Banner, but its a real pain having to take the carbs off just to get the battery out. Are the Odyssey batteries any good and do they last reasonably well with the sort of occasional use the 7 usually gets? I like the idea of not having battery acid near my bodywork/chassis so a solid or gel battery might be nice.

Odyssey PC680 *thumbup* fit it anywhere you like (except upside down) and forget, use an Optimate battery conditioner although they hold a full charge much longer than normal batteries anyway - search for Powervamp for contect details and get free delivery *wink*

Alternatively, I got my old battery out by sliding it backwards and tilting it down through the hole at the bottom.

A new battery tray was then mounted onto the chassis rails in front of the passenger footwell and cables re-routed.

This allows easy access to a standard Banner battery at minimises the acid issue. I did get one battery boil over when an alternator went loopy, but a good dose of baking powder and washdown with water stopped any issues.

Cheers,

Graham

------

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!