Click here if you are having website access problems ×

6 point harness & lowered floor

bluenose

• Area Representative

Want to fix in my six point harness but cannot work out how to do it *confused* The inner one is OK and I can use the spacer supplied with the lowered floor kit but how do I fix in the outer strap.

Here is a picture of the outer fixing point

This is looking from above

And this is from the side

How have others fitted theirs 🤔

Nick

Lava Orange Caterham Blackbird *cool*

The fitting of the 6-point crutch strap with lowered floor is described in the build manual, section 9, Interior Trim, para 36 - 39. The manual is downloadable from CC website, here.

However, I note from your pics that your lowered floor appears different with that raised box section, so CC instructions may not be the complete answer, but may be of some help.

Angus

Hi Bluenose

Like Angus, my lowered floor does not have the boxed corner. This is to accomodate either live axle or earlier type radius arm. When I went to Arch for mine, Bruce was particular in asking what spec and year to know whether it needed the box.

Depending on what is directly behind the box, one possibility would be to panel beat (bash oot the way wi' a hammer) the bit which fouls the bolt position.

Another opton would be use a thin nut (or maybe even a standard nut as it's hard to judge the space from the photo) which fits between the chassis bracket and the top of the boxed corner and cut the bolt to a very exact length so it does not push into the soft ali floor.

Just a note: if you want the seat very far back, you may find the crotch strap anchor plates hit into the back of the (Tillett) seat. This can be eased by assembling without the hat shaped spacer, bolting the anchor plate direct to chassis bracket. This allows the seat to go further down in the rearmost position.

Happy tinkering!

P

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

Yes. I have had this same issue. The box is necessary with a de-deion chassis so that there is room for the A-arm mounting points. I ended up drilling a hole in the top corner of the box and fitting a nut underneath. You have to remove the nut and bolt for the A-arm then you can drill the hole for the belt from above. Then you have to test-fit the bolt and nut for the crotch strap. You will find that the nut can be kept from turning by the side of the box, if you have the hole in the right place (you may have to use a flat blade screwdriver wedged between the box and the nut if it turns). There is not enough room to get a socket on it, IIRC. Then you have to mark the length of the bolt and trim it to fit, so that the A-arm bolt and nut can be refitted. Note, you will also have to shorten the aluminum sleeve to fit between the top of the box and the bottom of the chassis mounting tab - minus the room for the belt washers/bracket. I'll try to upload a picture for you tomorrow if this is not clear.

Kind regards,

Tom

ELV15 - Tom in California -

200hp duratec powered 2003 Clubsport Build pics here: here

Nick,

I've uploaded a few pics here. Sorry it's a pain to take the seats out, so I don't have any pictures from the inside. It also looks like I put the bolt in from the top on one side and from the bottom on the other. The latter may be easier as the bolt head is thinner than the nut. Anyway I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Tom

ELV15 - Tom in California -

200hp duratec powered 2003 Clubsport Build pics here: here