Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Any Weber Wizards Out There?

Foxy Smith

Following a clutch replacement/clutch slave rebuild I'm struggling to get my carbs balanced. (45 DCOE on Vx 2.0L) The balancing screw has taken up all adjustment i.e. screwed hard down, yet the synchrometer is telling me I've still got a bit to go before the carbs are balanced. Anyone got any useful thoughts on this?

Alan

Are you sure it has gone as far as it can? Mine feels like it has gone as far as it can but there is more to come.

Also are the idle screws all set right? I find setting up the balance near impossible if these are not right. For example if the front two are way out and the rear two spot on it is going to be diffcult to get balance.

It may be that the linkage bar between the carbs isn't true and could do with bending back into shape. This can prevent proper balance being achieved.

Make sure that the all the bypass screws (under the white plastic caps) are fully closed before you start. If someone has opened both of them on one carb - and I have seen it before - one carb is going to flow air even if the throttle is fully shut.

Air leaks at the carb/manifold joint are a possibility, but would normally make the engine very rough.