Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cat with feathers

Barbarella

went blatting to Arundel and back pretty way via Goodwood.

Hit a pigeon. Stupid thing was in the middle of the road and took off too late, thought it was going to hit the screen, but never made it over the offside headlight *cry*

Ok, I know they're only rats with wings, but still....

no damage to Se7en, terminal for pigeon.

A Woman's Place is - in her Se7en

Roast Road Kill Pigeon

2 Servings

A young pigeon, about 700-1150g (1½-2½ lb) in weight

A knob of butter

Bacon to cover

Pre-heat oven to 190º C (375º F, gas mark 5).

Wash off tarmac, gravel and tyre marks.

Choose a young bird with rosy flesh. Put a knob of butter inside and bacon rashers on the breast. Place on a rack in a roasting tin and roast for 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven, take the bacon rashers off and return the bird to the oven. Roast for a further 10-20 minutes.

Traditional accompaniments are Brussels sprouts, braised celery and Bread Sauce

Yummy... 😬

I am Leg End...

That makes me think of Withnail's chicken 😳

you haven't removed the feather's!!

cooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooooo *tongue*

Edit - hang on the title says 'cat with feathers'

mioooooo mioooooo

Edited by - WindyCat on 24 Jun 2008 21:44:55

I'll eat chicken, pigeon, pheasant or most other avian protein if someone else has done the despatcing, but i couldn't face going back to a bird I had just run over. I did stop briefly and look in the mirror and fortunately it wasn't even twitching and had died quickly probably from a broken neck or I would have felt even more guilty.

There were only a few feathers by the time I got to my friend's house in Emsworth, and more disappeared between there and home. No bloody bits thankfully.

Thank you for the recipe Mr Whittle, but you forgot the roast tatties and I will pass on the celery, prefer it raw.

So far have mercifully avoided squishing any vertebrates in the Seven (helluva lot of insects though *mad*)

Had a tawny owl hit the screen header rail on the Fiat at speed once. Almighty thump but no sign of the poor creature on the road. In the Seven that would have been a bit of a *eek* *eek* *eek* moment...

Most pathetic roadkill I ever caused was a bat, whose sad limp body I extracted from the grille of my dad's Peugeot a few years back . Now Andy, if you have a recipe for that I will be impressed *smokin*. No tyre marks, spilt diesel or embedded gravel, as it never made contact with the road *thumbup*

*arrowdown*

*wink* nothing...

*arrowup*

Double, double toil and trouble.....

Fire burn and cauldron bubble...

If you don't have a recipe for bat, I will see what I can find for you...

Just come into my kitchen nice Mr Toad *eek*

Edited by - Barbarella on 26 Jun 2008 13:39:04

Had a tawny owl hit the screen header rail on the Fiat at speed once. Almighty thump but no sign of the poor creature on the road.

Pah it was rescued by Hagrid and taken quickly to Hogwarts where Neville Longbotton and Pomona Sprout resuscitated the creature

Following the demise of scabbers the owl is now with Ron Weasly and continuing the good fight

MGC Diff required, cash waiting