Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GEORGE POLLEY

John Alston

Can I add my support for George Polley as a supplier of Yokahama Tyres.

I have just bought five 185/60x13 A021R's from him at £58.00 each including fitting, balancing and VAT.

Super value I say and a real nice guy to boot. He can supply any of the Yokahama competition range and will also courier tyres to you if required.

Contact STEVE POLLEY, George Polley Motors, Station Road Ind Est,Heathfield, East Sussex. 01435 863679

John,

my Michelin Pilot are almost worn after 30 000 km of very good services and I plan to replace them before winter. My wife is using the car as her normal car all year long, and, although she is doing very well with the car, I would like for her the best tyres for WET conditions. An alternative to the new Michelin Exalto ( which are replacing the Pilot in small sizes,and that I have not tried yet) are of course the YOKO 021 R.

What could be their "normal" mileage for the above use ( no track days, mainly D roads)?

Any ideas,

Pierre

Pierre, You will find 021Rs will last little more than 5-6000 miles (9-10,000 km) in normal use. It will be less on tracks. If you decide to go for them anyway, you will find them v. good. You should also notice that they lose the first couple of mm of tread very quickly, but then settle down after that. A 750MC racer mentioned that behaviour to me, and he was right, IME.

Nick.