Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help Fitting a Brise starter motor

Andy Best

At the end of last year before moving house I bought a Brise starter motor. It is lurking in one of the boxes in the garage and I plan to find it & fit it over Easter. I seem to recall thinking this is not going to be easy as wires will need to be lengthened and crimps at the ends are different.

To avoid getting to Sunday and finding I don't have all the right parts can the wisdom of blatchat let me know what I need to change the from original Caterham starter motor to the Brise. Car is a 97 K series.

Thanks in advance *thumbup*

Andy

Umm. The only thing I can remember having to do is to swap the position of the stud (there are two bolts and one stud). My cables didn't need to be changed.

There are some pics and stuff on my site here

I did grind the starter a little (to get it to sit right against the block), but this was no big deal.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Leadership Team

Andy, I think we discussed this, but if not .......... just make sure that the mounting face is absolutely square to the bellhousing - it wasn't when the starter was previously installed on my car (before my time I must add!) and hence Brise had to do the refurb on it. It may need a small amount extra grinding from the block but not a big deal in-situ.

Stu.

Joint Area Representative MAD Sevens (Merseyside And District)

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬

Edited by - sforshaw on 18 Mar 2008 07:51:41

• 3 weeks later...

Andy - how did you get one with this?

I just bought a Brise and am having a nightmare fitting it. I *think* the mount plate on the Brise may be rubbing against the block, but having measured it up against the Magnetron one that just came off it, I can't see how (as they're the same size)!