Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alternative to Armourfend

SV Gary

Having decide to have my Caterham fully re-sprayed at TSK I decided that the best thing to do was to protect the new paintwork from the word go. So I did a trawl of all the protection film companies including, amongst others, Armourfend.

I was looking for a company that would be flexible in proving me with the kit that I wanted.

I eventually decided to go with a company called Premier Paint Guard (PPG) based in Coventry.

My contact there – Dave Wood is from a prestige car body panel background and certainly impressed with his knowledge, not only of the film, but also its application.

We discussed what could be done – which is almost any part of the car, and agreed on a package which was a compromise between cost and protection - see below:

My Kit consisted of

Nose cone top

Nose cone bottom

Cycle wing lips

Front bonnet catch protectors – see photo here

200mm side panel strips

Door to bonnet patches – see photo here

Under door sill strips

Rear wing panels

The film used was the latest Scotchguard PUL 2008 which is a virtually invisible film which they warranty for 5 years against yellowing, blistering and cracking.

Dave did the installation himself down at TSK - see here and the care and quality of the installation was excellent see profiled exhaust cut out here – it was very professional job.

All PPG kits have been fully prototyped on actual Caterhams using CAD to generate the cutting profiles – all the profiles fitted the car like a dream.

PPG sell full kits, single pieces and even the film itself. I have installed some additional bits myself and have found some further areas on the car that I want to protect and will be going back for some more profiled film. I would feel confident in installing film to all flat areas and possibly even the rear wings leaving only the nose cone to the professionals.

Finished car here

So all in all – PPG come highly recommended - website here

Contact Details are: Dave Wood 07756 018966 email: info@premierpaintguard.com

The lead dog always gets the best view.

• Leadership Team

Hi Gary

very interested in your comments - I'm thinking of having my car resprayed later in the year also at TSK. Have emailed you offline with a couple of questions

Rog

PS where in East Mids are you?

Very interesting *thumbup* I have been trying to research buying film and found the one in the Club discounts "Rhino...." seems to have stopped trading, Venture films were rude and just did not want to sell, Armourfend too expensive, 3M I need to spend £6000+!!!!

I will contact PPG, their prices look good.

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON