Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Injectors for a crossflow

Ian D Smith

I have just have had a browse on the Emerald library on mappings out of curosity and saw a reference to Astra injectors on a crossflow. On my morning break of course 😬 Got me thinking. Anybody know about which injectors would work on a cross flow. Links to sites would be useful.

I saw a site where a guy put bike throttle bodies on a Zetec in a Mojo for about £350. inluding Ecu

I can see a project coming up

Edited by - ian d smith on 22 Feb 2008 12:39:28

DOn't know about a X Flow but K series fuel rail and injectors fitted straight onto my 2 litre zetec no problem, injector spacing is correct.

DW at emerald mentioned during the mapping they were 'More than adequate', Rail and injectors cost me £15 from a scrappie *biggrin*

Hello Ian

A friend of mine is thinking about fitting fuel injection to his 1700ccbig valve head244 cam x-flow. At the moment the favourite ECU seems to be a Megasquirt(around £330 built) with Jenvey throttle bodies (the cheapest that we have seen is about £400 for a pair). The other option is to use bike throttle bodies but these will have to be modified to fit. The Emerald would be nice but it is double the price of the Megasquirt. The intention is to get the ecu to control a wasted spark ignition set up with the coil pack from the latest generation of Fords. Hopefully the same car can supply the fuel injectors and sensors (crank position water temp). I think that the pump will be supplied to a swirl pot via the carb pump which will then feed the high pressure injection pump. This is as far as we have got at the moment and it is a very general plan. There must be someone out there that has fuel injected a x-flow. How about starting a new post asking this question?

CAB