Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow content ...

Unclefester

After 18 months of sporadic activity on our trusty crossflow, I'm on the final furlong.

It's been a protracted PITA, the original probklem being the Class C engine had a very low slung sump, which had noy enjoyed being used on the road much, and eventually after one touch too many, the sump was in light contact with the crankshaft.

I decided to go for a drysump for more ground clearance.

I had problems with getting the belt & pulleys, ordered a set from BurtonPower but then had to alter each of the 3 pulleys to get them to fit.....and make a new alternator bracket.

Latest problem is the crank pulley is now 40mm too short.....and Burtons, who you'd think would KNOW you need a longer bolt with their kit, say they are no longer available, and "just use any bolt".

HOHOHO....of course they are lying around in heaps on any english street corner, but not in France.......I've tried our local engineering shop, they will need to order 50, which they are prepared to do, but it'll take weeks.

I wonder if anyone knows where I might find such a bolt? *confused*

My next problem is finding a suitable taper threaded blanking plug for the hole on the front right side of the block which took the oil pressure sender T piece!

I thought that at least would be simple, but not in France.

Any ideas gratefully resceived!

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Just a thought about the bolt.

Over here in metric Denmark there are at least two places to get an imperial bolt:

Go to you local harley davidson shop

Go to the local dealer of farming equipment, trators harvesters and that stuff.

I am a regular costumer at the Harley store although I have never ridden a bike 😬

Could be worth a try in France

Cheers Jorgen

Dear Uncle, these fellows may be able help with the pluggy thing for your oil fitting here

As for the bolt, well that's a bummer, could you be a little more specific about the length, thread form, material etc, some one may be able to help with the problem then.

Best regards, nephew Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.