Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Owner Technical Update #2 - CSR200 & CSR260

Caterham Aftersales

I have just measured the new dipstick and from the bottom to the first part of the flat section measures 216 mm and to the top of the flat section it is 248 mm so 245 mm from the bottom is about right.

Measuring down from the mark at the top of the new dipstick it measures 322 mm to top of flat section.

I have often used old coat hangers to mend exhausts, open a few car doors and replace broken aerials ... but never to check oil levels and especially on a car costing £30k + *rolleyes* but good idea *idea*

Blue7

Have just read all this - but still cannot find anyone confirming at what point to check the oil - have checked cold, then when warmed and get two very diffrent readings - which one is correct?

The official advice from Caterham is check when the engine is warm (but not running ... duh). I have checked when cold and the reading always seems to be lower than when checked at operating temperature.

Caterham further advise that with the CSR 260, which is fitted with the race pistons, you need to keep topping up 250 ml at a time until the engine breathes oil into the catch tank (after you have driven it). Caterham also advise that you can't recycle the oil from the catch tank back into the engine ☹️

Blue7