Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shelsley Walsh - This weekend

Mark Durrant

This weekend is the final round of the British Hillclimb Championship that was re-arranged following the landslide in July. Not only are the big single seaters top present but Ken Evans, Brodie Branch and Dave Kimberley are competing, oh and the Clerk may be familiar to one or two of you.

Details can be found here

The weather looks to be set fair (fingers crossed) so leave those upgrades/domestic chores for another week *wink*

I plan to be there on the Sunday so come and say hello *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Neil

From the web site on Mark's link:

Shelsley Walsh is AA signposted approximately 10 miles North West of Worcester. Practice is on Saturday and the event starts at 10:00 on Sunday. Admission is £8 on Saturday and £12 on Sunday while accompanied children under 16 get in free.

Mrs K

Hi Everyone,

The Shelsley Walsh meeting on Saturday and Sunday actually starts at 9.30 NOT 10am as shown on the website. So timed runs will start on Sunday at 9.30am. Yes I know thats really early - why we are starting earlier is simple - concern about the impact of October weather conditions - the potential for fog, low sun etc and hence we want to allow plenty of time. This is also why the positioning of the Top 12 run off in the two timed runs has been brought forward and will not be at the end of the two sets of runs.

I am sure it will be a great weekend and to maximise enjoyment be there early. Come and say Hi in the Farmyard too!

Brian

was nice to spectate for a change, especially the beer at lunch (thanks Malcolm *wavey*)

those fast boys are very fast *eek* watching them approach the S at 144mph was amazing...

Martin grives setting new hill record as well

top day, excellent company as always *smile*

rob *smile*

Lovely to see everyone *smile* - I do like all those kisses 😬

Great to see Martin Groves' record breaking run *thumbup*

Saw Ken's and Brodie's second timed runs - well done to both *thumbup*- and then set off for home - a 3 hour run back through the Cotswolds. It was Kipper's turn to do the hill at Broadway 😬

See you all again soon

Mrs K

An excellent turn out to watch a great days motor sport *thumbup* Congratulations to Brodie and Ken for setting some excellent times. The speed of the big single seaters had to be seen to be believed and the sound of the V10 3 litre at full chat was just awsesome.

See you all at the awards lunch if not before *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*