Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Kuhmo’s or Toyo’s for a 911?

Martin S.

I’m looking at the options for a full set of tyres to replace the Vikings 😳 on my ’86 3.2 Carrera.

I want decent grip especially in the wet and OK comfort as this is a road car not an extreme track day machine. Wear not really an issue with the mileage I do.

I’ve narrowed the choice down to these:

Toyo T1-R – the new improved replacement for the T1-S

The website says:

“The new Proxes T1-R, the new, natural choice for enthusiastic drivers. The Proxes T1-R boasts a special performance compound and tread pattern which gives incredible road holding in all conditions, especially in the wet. The V-shaped grooves in the tread pump water away allowing the rubber to grip the road.

These are bounded by circumferential grooves which allow the Proxes T1-R to give you even better wet grip whilst being quieter and longer lasting as well. And, whilst practical, these design elements also makes the tyre look spectacular on any car.

The Proxes T1-R is introduced in a range of the most popular high performance sizes.

It will increasingly cover more sizes from 14" up to 20" and beyond as further sizes are added.

Proxes T1-R will gradually replace the Proxes T1-S to be the ultimate tyre for performance use.”

or

Kuhmo Ecsta KU31

Not a lot of info on the website apart from 3 ticks for wet & dry handling and 2 ticks for noise and ride.

Price difference between the 2 sets is about £60 more for theToyo's which I'm leaning towards as I've heard good stuff about the T1-S's

Class 4 Zetec *cool*