Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sat Nav & Phones

PhilD

Hi ,I'm looking for a New Mobile (possibly Nokia 6300) and also Sat Nav with bluetooth hands free connections. The idea being I can hear voice prompts (or speed camera warnings) from sat nav via an ear piece, as well as use hands free phone. Which sat nav is recommended that I can easily swap between my Van and Se7en ?

Many thanks *biggrin*

Phil C7 PCD 😬

I went down the IPaq 6900 route 12 months ago. Its got a phone, email, gps all in one PDA. Its not the best single device in any catergory but as a combined unit its great. If you need to use GPS for more than half an hour get power lead though. Got the phone on contract with the added Tom Tom software total cost was about £200. *thumbup*

Andy

I assume you mean you want to use the sat nav with the phone? I use Navicore, which you can find more about

here

I use it with my Nokia n800 Internet Tablet and that version has been quite OK. Postal codes, traffic info, speed cameras and maps for the US, Europe and some other areas included in the package. I'm not sure how the mobile phone package differs, but worth a look anyway.

---

Kristoffer Lawson

I've got the Orange SPV M3100 which runs windows mobile OS. With a bit of hassle it now runs Tomtom Nav5 pretty well.

Lousy phone though...

BTW please give generously to Bundle's Big Charity Walk for Asthma research here Ta.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again