Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Bullet cam - RF Concepts Package 4 or 5

Apothecary

I'm looking for some guidance *wavey* This is probably one for those into recording their own in -car video who have been down this route before.....

Having now acquired a Sony Camcorder with AV-in and LANC capability I'm looking at bullet cams.

RF Concepts seems to be the best place to go and I was going to go for package 4 with the 4.3mm lense @ £145 but I notice that Package 5 is now on offer at £135 and Package 5 EXVIEW also at £145.

RF CONCEPTS SITE here

So, if you were buying now and wanted it for recording TDays / Road use etc (i.e not really low light or night time recording) then what would you go for and why 🤔

I will also get a LANC controller - is the Lanc Sport controller (discounted with a new package *thumbup*) all I need or would I regret not getting the full remote 🤔

here

Lastly, I understand the Manfrotto Superclamp here is a good way to secure the bullet cam to the role bar. What connector will I need to attach the bulletcam to the clamp 🤔

Thanks for any help/ comments

Edited to add - are there any other 'must get' accessories I should be looking at 🤔

Paul

Now DVA Powered SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

Edited by - apothecary on 23 Jun 2007 13:15:33

• Support Team

Paul - if your video camera supports more than 480 lines then I'd go for package 5 if not stick with package 4. The low light one isn't really neeeded.

I use the LANC sport and it is all you need for recording in car. If you mount your camcorder in the boot then get an extension lead as well - the supplied lead isn't really long enough.

To attach the bullet cam to the clamp you will need a ball head like the Manfrotto 486 about half way down this page and possibly an adaptor to join the two together. You can get cheaper ones but I can't find one at the moment. Ultimately it might be nearly as cheap to get the proper Demon Tweeks bullet cam mount (about £90) or something similar.

I'll see if I can find the site I got my ball head from as I'm sure it was less than £20 and the adaptor was less than £10.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Thanks Shaun,

After a little hunting I see my camera can record up to 520 lines of resolution so Package 5 seems to be the way to go (and its £10 cheaper!). I'll go for the the Lanc Sport + extension lead then (good tip *thumbup*).

Please let me know if you find a site for the ball head *smile*

Thanks again,

Paul

Now DVA Powered SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

• Support Team

Paul - I can't find any reference to where I got my stuff from but I found this.

You can't get much cheaper than this.

The adaptor is here. I have a feeling that was the supplier I used but I can't remember exactly. They also sell a cheap ball head here.

Hope that helps but I would call the supplier to check that the adaptor is the correct one.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed fastfilm on Monday but have had no reply. *thumbdown*

Looks like RF will be getting my order! *thumbup*

Have just ordered complete pack 5 with a LANC controller. Now all I need is my car back

Edited by - Lardy on 4 Jul 2007 14:18:10

Hello,

My membership came through this afternoon so I can post at last! Sorry I hadn't replied to you yesterday Lardy, have had a number of personal problems, namely I split with my girlfriend on the weekend, so my planned new house move has stopped. :(

Well, sorry I couldn't help you this time, if I can do at anytime in the future do give me a shout. I'll be sorting out a Seven discount too. *smile*

New owner of BOSS