Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheel/tyre sizes on CSR260?

I.Mupferit

Just thinking of my next upgrade (well actually, the one after next *wink*) and was wondering what wheel and tyre combination is fitted to the CSR 260 as standard. Any ideas please?

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Oh 🙆🏻 ☹️

Ok then, how about the same info on the new R400 maybe?

I feel that I need more rubber on the back, especially with the planned upgrade that I've been talked into. *wink*

Brent

R 417.39 😬

• Support Team

Standard R400 fitment is 195/45R15, optional are 205/45R13 rears.

CSR is 255/40R15 on 9" wide rims. I guess you could buy some other wheels (Compomotive CXRs for example) in 9" with the correct offset and fit the CSR tyres.

Alternatively you could try the 215/50R13 Kumho on an 8" wide wheel (class 3 and 5 sprint competitors are using this tye now). They do a 235 section one which will also fit on an 8" rim.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Thanks Shaun, I presume the 235 Kumho tyres would fill the wheel arch quite nicely on a 13" rim as the SV looks a bit odd on 13" wheels normally. Just IMO of course.

Brent

R 417.39 😬

Brent, I've just fitted 205/60-13 Yoko 21s on the rear of mine, with the rake set almost correctly and with decent clearance under the sump I can just about get my fist between the tyre and the edge of the wheel arch. If I come to the pub tonight in the seven you can have a look

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

DVA 1.8K R345

Brent, I suspect Peter has been talking to both of us about the ???bhp upgrade, sounds very tempting once I've sold my current engine *thumbup*

And yes I think it will require wider rears 😬

I presume you have 8 inch rears with CR500s? If not I have a spare set of (R400 spec)13" wheels and CR500s if you want to try them for size.

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

Edited by - MikeE on 9 May 2007 12:12:06

I could be up for trying those out please Mike. I don't have the wide rubber on the back since I currently have 14" wheels but I will definitely need more road contact in the next year shall we say. *wink*

I haven't spoken to Pete for a while so I didn't know he is now offering an upgrade. Nevertheless, I have now decided on a recipient of a portion of my hard earned some time in the coming months. *wink* 😬

Brent

R 417.39 😬

When did I say that? *tongue*

Anyhow, as I keep telling anybody who asks...........it's not my fault, I was being badgered and being ultimately weak willed, I caved in ok! 😬

Brent

R 417.39 😬

Brent,

Before you part with your hard earned you might want to consider another option for a significant bhp increase at a relatively affordable price.

If you're interested then I can give you the details but not on blatchat....

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here