Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lower wishbone to upright cut-down nylock nuts

Tony C

Anybody recently built a 7 with widetrack front suspension (SV) or replaced their lower wishbone.

The new cut-down nuts I've just recieved from CC are different to the ones I have.

My existing nuts are turned down for about half their length to a diameter that is a nice snug sliding fit inside the spherical bearing.

The ones I've been sent have a step in the turned-down portion; the smaller diameter on the end is a bit too small and the larger diameter next to the hex is a bit too big for the bearing.

I'm trying to check with CC, but can't get through to parts at the moment.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Just managed to get through to CC spares eventually and apparently the spec' has been changed recently to give a bit more clearance of the nut hex from the bearing *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)