Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race Seat

hubcap

I have a seat for sale; it a GRP seat that was made from a modified Caterham GRP race seat mold. The advantage is that it's ever so slightly wider and is more "closed" in that the angle between the backrest and base is close to 90 degrees. There is thus more thigh support and more flexibility in mounting it because it allows the seat to go a bit further forward, lowering your head and torso.

It's complete with brackets but requires some finishing work as it's straight out of the mold. It represents about £30 in materials and 10's or hours of work but being realistic I'll take offers in the range of £60.

Hi Felix

Sounds good, I like a bit more thigh support and the extra width might help too!!!

Can you tell me, do the brackets mount to the floor or the cross members on the chassis, only I sit tall and need to be right on the floor in order to get under the rollcage. Equally the seat would need to go as afar back as possible to give adequate leg room. If this all sounds possible then I am interested at £60.00

Whereabouts are you, call me tomorrow on 01275 331331 or email me direct shubner@globalnet.co.uk, I am in the Bristol area, but get about a bit - wahey!!

Hubcap

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...