Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Webcon Alpha shift light jumper settings - edited

Paul Deslandes

Can anyone confirm the J2 and J3 jumper settings for use with an MBE 967 ecu. I assume its J2 Distributorless and J3 Alpha ecu tachometer operation (rather than coil) but just want to be sure.

Edited to say that I have set it up as described above and the max revs I can get it to go Red is 6000 (3000 with DIP switch at 1/2 setting) and I need it to go on at 8250. There are two DIP switches, does the other one do something? Its not mentioned in the instructions. I can't believe 6k is its limit.

Edited by - paul deslandes on 21 Aug 2006 19:06:41

Can't help except to say I had/have the same problem. Have adjusted as far as possible and it still red lights at around 6k; doesn't seem to matter what the other jumper setting is. I remember seeing some documentation syaing it should go through to over 10k??

Have ended up putting black tape over it on track days!

Terry

Terry

Don't know if yours is the same but I spoke to the guy at Webcon this morning and he gave me a clue. Apparently if J2 is set to 'Distributorless' it expects 1 pulse per rev. On 'Distributor' setting it expects 2 per rev. So I set mine to the distributor, rather than distibutorless setting, and its fine and can be adjusted. The guy also thought that it should be adjustable up to about 10k rpm.

Hope it helps.

Paul