Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clutch pedal photo please - Xflow de dion

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

Having just had another cable go whilst at Le Mans - I followed up on other treads. Someone mentioned the correct clutch pedal should have an offset?

my pedal appears to be straight. *confused*

please could someone send me a picture of the correct pedal for a de dion xflow

cheers

Rog *thumbup*

Hi Rog - I dont have a photo of the pedal in question, but the right and wrong ones are easy to tell apart. First check the angle of the clutch cable as it emerges from the outer sheathing towards the clutch pedal. If the cable appears to be being pulled over to the left of the car (viewed from above) then the pedal is probably the wrong one, and consists of a straight pedal with no offset bracket at the top (cable connection end) The action of pulling the cable over at an angle will cause premature wear and regular breakage. The offset pedal is essentially the same pedal but with a small offset bracket welded to the top of it which allows a longer clevis pin to be used. This in turn allows the clutch cable to be pulled in straight line as it emerges from the ferrule/clutch cable sheathing. Hope this is of help

Regards - Pete

Has it failed at the pedel box end? if so I noticed when I built my cat the the tube that guides the cable out of the pedel box was at the wrong angle and this caused wear on the cable.

The pedals on my car are set for a longest reach so as you move them it changes the angle that the cable runs.

I got a bar and bent the tube down to the correct angle and have had the same cable on for 10 years with no problems.

• Leadership Team

well I've just fitted the new clutch pedal received this morning from Caterham. It has the offset bracket as mentioned by Pete and others, so the end of the cable can be securely fixed between the offset bracket and the main pedal stem.

problem is - as you look from the drivers seat, the cable takes a hefty dog leg from offside to nearside. *mad*it's almost as if the hole in the pedal box case that takes the cable through is in the wrong place *confused*

If i put the 'eye' on the offside of the offset bracket it lines up better, but then it kinks over as you depress the pedal which is what caused it to snap last time.

anyone with any pics - would be very helpful *thumbup*

Rog