Click here if you are having website access problems ×

trimshield-dashboard attachment

Sandboy

Anyone got some trimshield spare? I rashly disposed of old stuff when took dash off and now having difficulty sourcing it. Any suggestions on a suitable alternative or a supplier? Desperately trying to get car back together for track day next weekend! Help really appreciated.

• Area Representative

Is this the rubber strip that is attached to the base of the windscreen surround? If so, drop me a line.

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Hi Nick, no it is the adhesive bead that attaches the top edge of dash to frame. According to Caterham, who don't sell it, it is used by windscreen fitters but haven't found one who'll let me buy some - they only sell windscreens *mad* Think I called it trimsheild in initial post when it shoud be Sheildtrim 😳

The stuff at £3.49 a metre on ebay is available in black or red, and is "approximately 15mm spuare but will open up wider as it's got metal inner gripper" according to the guy selling it. Seems about the right size to me.

CageyH, thanks for all your posts. Blagged some in end from a friendly autoglass fitter. I passed him replacing a widscreen at side of road so I stopped and told him what was looking for and after a bit of rumaging in back of van he produced a roll which he said he didn't need anymore because comes in mastic gun form now. Result. Now got enough to do 10 cars if anyone else looking for some happy to share *smile*