Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R300 lambda wiring

bluenose

• Area Representative

Started to fit my cat last night to my R300(for MOT tomorrow). Took off the straight through pipe and fitted the cat pipe. The Lambda wire on this is very short and does not reach the plug up near the battery where the lambda on pipe no. 4 attaches. I take it I have to extend the wiring on the lambda and pass it through the hole where the exhaust manifold goes? Or does it route under the car?

Could I just plug the 18mm hole for the lambda on the cat pipe and leave the lambda attached on no.4 primary? Will it affect the emissions if the lambda is at this position rather than than just before the cat?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Nick - I had the same problem. Its a standard cc parts cockup. You can simply put the current probe into the no. 4 primary and move the plug to the cat. However, for SVA/MOT purposes, the R300 only just passes. It might be better to get cc to send you the correct probe, so that you can insert it in the cat. If you have the correct probe & wire, (amazingly) it simply runs under the edge of the car directly to the cat!

Mark

• Area Representative

Thanks for the replies. Car has now passed its MOT and the emmisions were OK. I extended the length of the lambda wires. Tried soldering but they are stainless steel so I crimped on some ferrels and then soldered. Made the tail about 8 inches longer and it reaches the harness plug now.

Got picked up for having no rubber on the brake pedal? Apart from that no other problems.

Not sure if it is my imagination but the car seems to run smoother with the cat and the lambda mounted on the secondary position.

Time to remove the cat now!

Cheers

Nick