Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ford Zetec and Duratec engines for sale

AMMO

2 litre Zetec, 190 bhp spec. Kent FZ2001 cams, ported, balanced, new steel flywheel and heavy duty clutch, ARP rod bolts. Selling on behalf of Mark Hicks. Great upgrade for a Crossflow. £2,500.00

2 litre Duratec, 210 bhp spec with Raceline cams. Keyed and balanced crank. New steel flywheel and heavy duty clutch. ARP rod bolts. Taken in PX against 250 bhp 2.3. £3,500.00

AMMO

Peter

From the top of my head you will need the following:

Engine mounts

ECU for ignition

Manifold to take your existing carbs or some 45 DCOEs (or fuel injection)

Hoses / pipework for cooling system

Exhaust system

Alternator kit

You can get away using your existing carbs and bigger chokes (I assume you have 40's). Fuel injection adds quite a bit to the bill.

Probably between £2,000.00 and £4,000.00 depending how much work you do yourself and what spec you decide on.

I started with carbs on my Zetec and went on to fuel injection around a year later. I made the old alternator fit with some home made brackets and modified the Crossflow headers to fit a Zetec exhaust plate. Didn't bother with a water rail and did my own thing with an expansion tank from the breakers for a few pounds. Can be done cheaply if you are careful or as expensive as you like if you have money to throw at it.

Give me a call if you want a chat about converting to Zetec.

AMMO

• 2 weeks later...