Click here if you are having website access problems ×

rear brake pads

Beej

My rear brake pads need replacing and I am having some difficulty in figuring out what manufacturer and material they are. Can anyone help?

The car is an ex Taylors Foundry Vx Challenge race car SVAd for road use. There is every likelihood that these are the original pads since the car has only done about 7000 miles, so they could date back as far as the early 90s. It is used almost exclusively on track.

The calipers are AP racing 2 pots and the pads are the same shape as Ferodo FCP825 - which I seem to recall is a pretty common old Lockheed pad shape

The rear face is inscribed RS 11 C, which sounds like a Pagid pad but there doesn't seem to be an RS 11, only RS14 and RS15. Can anyone tell me if RS 11 is an old Pagid material or am I barking up the wrong tree? If so, what is the current replacement?

Cheers

I have the Pagid leaflet here:

Ferodo FCP825 is Pagid part no. E1363. There is no RS11 mentioned (RS4-2, RS4-2-1, RS4-4, RS14, RS15, RS19). Actually, the RS4-2-1 isn't available in this pad, but the rest are.

Other info on the sheet for that pad is: "AP 2-pot caliper /Formula Ford (CP2399D43)

HTH

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

thanks - which pad material should I go for? The problem I have is I don't know what the current manufacturer/material type is and I don't know what is fitted to the fronts.

I was just guessing that it is Pagid because its got RS on the back - not very scientific really!

I don't want to fit something daft that will screw up the braking.

Do a search in techtalk - find the phone number for John Freeth at Performance Braking and speak to him - he's the guy most people talk to about Pagids and one of/*the* cheapest supplier(s).

He'll know if RS11 means anything and can suggest an alternative based on your usage etc.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com