Click here if you are having website access problems ×

yokohama A048 in USA

Bob Simon

The unfortunate reality seems to be that there are very few options for 13" performance tires here.

The only ones I've come across as advertised for sale are:

A032

ACB10

Toyo RA-1

Kumho Ecsta V700

Kumho Ecsta V710 (these are basically slicks)

Kumho VictoRacer V700

Of these, I don't know how much experience there is with the Toyos or Kumhos on a 7.

One other possibilty seems to be that the SpecRacer Ford racing category here apparently uses A021's in 185/70-13 for rain tires, but I haven't found where people buy them from yet.

I have wondered about trying to arrange a bulk import of some kind, but not sure it would be possible to get enough interest in one particular model/size to make it work.

Dave

Edited by - xflow7 on 4 Mar 2005 15:59:53

Thanks Mark, Dave,

I'm using A032s right now and would like to stay with a radial. I was under the impression that the new A048s are lighter weight. Looks as though the only way to loose tire weight in the US is to go the ACB10 route. It's too bad no one will import CR500s.

-Bob

95 HPC VX

Edited by - Bob Simon on 4 Mar 2005 19:35:50

http://rogerkrausracing.com/ shows CR500s on their web page, but I don't know if they will have them in stock on any given day. Hoosier R3S04/A3S04 "cheater slick" tires are also a possibility, but they will wear out quickly. Dave has covered all of the other possibilities that I'm aware of above.

Seems like you would have an easier time finding tires to fit a 23" rim these days than a 13" rim.

- Sean

Seems like you would have an easier time finding tires to fit a 23" rim these days than a 13" rim.

I look in da dem, but da spinners create too much rotationalized inertia, fo shizzle. 😬

*idea*I'll give Kraus a call.

-Bob

95 HPC VX