Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tyres

Beej

yoko

just ordered mine from george polley 01354 688111

very good on price...

saw these tyres on my friends dax busa at brands on monday and they were beading nicely very grippy had inside rear wheel lifting at one point!

acb 10 on road very nervous due to cross ply .....

dave.c

thanks guys. I need 21 x 7 x 13s , so sorry, your 15" jobbies won't fit Steve, otherwise I would have had them. I absolutely agree on grip and weight and yes i need to double check the camber settings but I'm pretty sure they are ok at the back having posted some decent laps on ACB10s at combe in the sunshine last year.

I just wondered how much difference there is between Yoko 48s and the Avon cut slicks (which is what they are really). I have no experience of Yoko 48s on a track at all.

I just wondered how much difference there is between Yoko 48s and the Avon cut slicks (which is what they are really). I have no experience of Yoko 48s on a track at all.

not alot i wouldn't think from what i saw of me mates tryes at brands....

steve will tell you though acb 10 great on smooth track and you will save weight that way too....

dave..

Dave J's experience in the sprints this year is that the A048Rs are nowhere near as good as A032Rs and aren't yet available in sensible Sevening compounds.

There is a lot of tosh written about ACB10s and their on-road characteristics. A blanket statement of "acb 10 on road very nervous" is a gross generalisation and the added "due to cross ply" is a dubious attempt to lend pseudo-knowledge credibility to an otherwise unsupported assertion. How about: "due to crossply construction and reduced unsprung weight, ACB10s are the best tyre for use on a bumpy road" - perfectly logical assertion, better science, but still not necessarily correct because "best" I think goes too far. They are perfectly acceptable and everything that makes them great on the track shows up on the right road, making them hilarious good fun. As for nervousnesss, the best bet is to keep the chassis balanced with application of the throttle.

However, I think you can get the Yoko's for near half the price of the ACB10s. Thing is they're only half as good.

thats interesting.. you are not the first person to tell me that 32s are actually softer than 48s. They were suggesting that for lightweight stuff like 7s Yoko would be better off manufacturing 48s tread pattern on 32 carcass and compound. I imagine its a lot more complicated than that but it would be good to see 48s work really well on a 7 cos, as you rightly say, ACBs are hellishly expensive.

Are they really twice as good though? I doubt it. I will be pleasantly surprised if I knock more than 1 or 2 seconds (unofficially, of course) off a lap at Goodwood. We will see (if its dry!)