Click here if you are having website access problems ×

erratic readings on oil pressure qauge

MADMALC

Started to get erratic readings, not going to zero but flickering at a lower than normal reading. Stops doing it if you swithch off and re start. Started after running at constant 4000rpm on motorway for 45 mins. VHPD Rover with dry sump and gold pump. Any ideas, should i tell my wife???

MAD MALC

S7MAD

Malc,

I had a similar problem with my gauge,and it turned out to be the sender unit. If that's what wrong with your S/L 'R', it should be safe to tell Mrs McGovern!

Both your practice runs at Curburough came out well on the tape. Unfortunately I had to leave before the event proper - how did you get on?

Regards

7thumbsup.gifcool.gif

L7OOOOH

With any electrical problem on the Seven its also worth chcking the earthing. You could have vibrated something loose.

As to telling the other half - never a good idea.if she insists on knowing why you spend so much time in the garage, I always tell mine I'm just doing a bit of minor maintenance.

Thanks for all the help, will try cleaning connection to sender first then new sender if it does not fix it.

Curborough?, well fourth in class I think but not enough bottle for the first left hander to be able to do any better I'm afraid. Literally!!

As for telling Shirl the Girl, better own up now. As for knowing what I get up to in the garage, video surveillance sees to that, no joke, it's true. Call and see if you don't believe me!!

MAD MALC

S7MAD