Click here if you are having website access problems ×

brakes juddering at above 70mph

ricks

when braking at any speed above 70mph there is a vibration from what seems to be front left wheel. pedal pressure makes no difference to the juddering, even when braking gently it happens, and then stops as the speed reduces to below 70. the car does not pull to one side, all it does is vibrate. the car is a 2003 sl with the ap setup, its done 3000 miles. any advice would be appreciated.

I had a problem with AP setup on my car, disc run out was excessive and less than 2k miles when it happened. In fairness to CC it was sorted without any quibbling.

It sounds like a warranty type discussion is in order *wink*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

If its only under braking, it shouldnt have anything to do with the balance. Jack the car up take off the wheel, and rotate the disc against some sort of reference point mounted 90 degrees to the face, if the disc is running out you should see a small gap opening and closing, it will only be a tiny gap.

i've done this, and indeed the disk seems to be about 3/4mm out. thanks everyone for your advice, i will ring cc and see if i can get a new disk out of them, the car is about three weeks out of warranty.