Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cosworth BDR

OAP

1989, original 1700cc BDR HPC. 33000 miles, two previous owners, BRG, cycle wings, Quaife box, LSD, dry sump, plumbed in fire ext., 2 x harness, air horns (original, fitted by Caterham) SPA sequential shift light, Racetech wheel, FIA bar, hood and tonneau, carbon fibre stone guards, repackable carbon fibre silencer, adjustable platforms and dampers. Oil cooler, remote oil filter.

Registration number C7 BDR.

14" 5 spoke alloys with Yoko 539 185/60 front and 195/55 rear. Spare set of original Jupiter 14" wheels and Yoko 509's. Spare set of Yoko R32's.

Unleaded conversion and engine overhaul by Rodger King at 29000 miles. Box, diff, overhauled and all suspension bushes replaced, drive shafts replaced, new rack fitted at 29000 miles by 7 Workshop.

Invoices for £5100.00.

Unmarked paint and powder coating, interior perfect. This car looks and drives better than new.

Full documented history from new, including original purchase receipt.

The car can be viewed at Milford-on-Sea, Hampshire. Price £14000 or offers.

Call David Thompson on 07970 760 462.

Edited by - oap on 2 Nov 2003 11:34:57

Edited by - oap on 2 Nov 2003 12:02:13

Edited by - oap on 6 Nov 2003 15:47:58

Edited by - oap on 12 Nov 2003 13:09:01

Kasi,

I will send pictures later this week - I need to collect my digital camera then take the pics.

Tiptree,

!700cc Ford block and Cosworth twin cam head. Let me have your e mail address, and I will send pics later this week.

Hi All,

David, I'm going to add my 2 pennyworth and push this back up to the top. Hope thats OK.

I was the second owner of this car, and knew the first owner well as I worked with him. I can vouch for the history and also the circumstances behind the present sale. The engine has the head ported by Roger King to the true 1700BDR spec, ie not as sold by Caterham! and also now has unleaded conversion. Engine was running the standard cams and still made 190BHP and rising, around 150BHP at back wheels. With the Roger King drivability mods the engine was very quick at the top end but also entirely tractable on the road, pulling happily from around 1500rpm.

Although the car was 1989 factory build it was rebuilt on a new chassis in (from memory) 1992 having only completed circa 4500 miles following an off which again is completely documented, in fact featured in Low Flying. This accounts for the condition of the chassis, it was brand new with only dry miles.

The gearbox is a Quaife with helical fifth by Brian Hill, specially done for me for quieter cruising, bell housing is alloy. Full dry sump and oil cooler, always run on Mobil One.

So nothing to hide, completely genuine and cherised by the last owner to who I sold, now sadly passed away.

Well worth the money, I would buy it myself if I didn't have a (slower!) VX powered 7.

Please email me at jpippard@bigfoot.com if you would like to discuss offline. I also have some jpg pictures at the time of my sale to present owner.

JonP

No longer Sevenless....!

To clarify,

The car was originally registered as G330CPK, and is as far as I recall 1989. The car was totally rebuilt by Caterham cars onto (again as I recall) 1992 chassis which has the 'snake tongue' later style bracing to the footboxes. The footboxes would have been the same length, but obviously the siting of the dry sump tank results in the passenger side box being shortened, much in line with the older chassis design.

JonP

No longer Sevenless....!

phil.s

The car was registered in 1989, not 98. Sorry, my typo.

graham bass

4 x 32's are 14 inch, and have about 2/3rds tread left. All the wheels and tyres are included in the sale, but if negotiation excludes them I will be in touch.

Bump to the top again *smile*

Not a potential buyer, but I am building something like this car.

Would either one of you be so kind and send me engine installation details ?

Routing and potisioning of dry-sump tank, oil cooler and oil hoses, water-pum/alternator belt-drive arrangement, etc. ?

Basically any detail in the angine compartment.

Thank you very much in advance !

Kind regards - Karsten

KT[at]Kay-Tee[dot]de

• 1 month later...

Anybody contemplating buying a nice 7 should give this car some serious consideration! I would have bought this car myself had another tempting beastie not come along at the last moment.

Just for the record, this car is in mint condition and it is an original HPC car, ultra rare, one of only 65 and very desireable. I know some of the history of this particular car having done some careful research.

I just cannot understand why it hasn't been snapped up!!

No connection with seller at all, just offering my own opinion. Seller is a gent by the way!

Regards

Mike C