Click here if you are having website access problems ×

High-level slimline LED stop lights

Myles

Am I alone in thinking that the flashing mode that kicks in with these after (IIRC) 5 seconds of braking is a bit Lax Power....??

I'd also rather not have the issue/worry about the batteries running down over time and the effect this has on brightness...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

I've got a black car with a black roll bar and I'd rather have some safety lighting at the top of the rollbar at a reasonable height for other road users than none at all.

The batteries are easily obtainable from anywhere like Maplin, Tandy etc so it's not likely you'll ever go short.

The flashing after five seconds seems like quite a good safety feature to me. I did wonder if this is strictly legal but as these are made for bikes (and I've seen one or two riders with these mounted on their helmets) then it should be OK to use them on a car.

Just ordered a set plus extra strip so I'll find out how effective they are.

RW04FUN

I've got a black car with a black roll bar and I'd rather have some safety lighting at the top of the rollbar at a reasonable height for other road users than none at all.

So do I - but here is my solution: here

Slightly less pretty due to the zip-ties and wire running down the rear diagonal, but the strip is very wide compared to the wireless ones and very bright...

And it only cost me 15 quid...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Took someone's advice off this thread and bought a Savage high level brake light from the motor shop opposite Ratrace in Barnet. £14.99 for a self contained unit with a thin black wire to run down the rollbar. Also has a little fixing bracket that can easily be used to mount it on the bar. Very bright by the looks of it with 20+ LEDs but road legal.

g

Superlight R #41