Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Software to analyse my (unfortunately slow) times and data from Vbox

andy_harries

• Support Team

As I slowly get sucked into the quest for more speed to try and lift myself off the bottom of the timing charts, I've picked up a Vbox sport to log my runs and give me something to analyse afterwards.

What software do people use to analyse the data ?  The free one for Windows from Racelogic actually looks quite good given I don't have a video feed to sync yet, but would mean I have to bring a laptop to each event. 

I've also tried the RaceChrono phone app which seems okay, given the relatively simple data that the vbox sport records, and it means I don't need to bring a laptop along.  I have an android phone rather than iPhone, which means the free Racelogic native apps are out.

Permission from The Boss to spend more heavily on a video linked vbox system or a GoPro was denied, so I have a very cheap video camera that works well enough to watch back which clipping points I missed on a run, but linking them together will have to wait until I've hidden enough cash away without The Boss noticing.  I suspect a full sensor set up like Richard's isn't going to happen soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Vbox sport which I use in conjunction with RaceChrono which seems to do everything I need (apart from beating Clive). For instance, I know that the car was travelling at 26.3 mph when it impacted the tyre wall at Loton Park! *eek*