CtrMint

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You said before,

1, Fuse blows if you select reverse, with the reverse lamp unit disconnected.

AND 

2, The fuse does not blow until you select reverse.

This only leave two options

1 The reverse switch is faulty once reverse is selected

2 The Green Brown wire is shorted to earth in the loom. 

Disconnect the wires from the reverse switch and leave the reverse light disconnect, then check if the green brown wire or the switch wires have connection to earth.  

I hope for your builds sake it’s the switch wires that are the problem.

That’s bad news, time to put your findings into an email to CC.   Can you trace the reverse light wire back from the light and back into the tunnel and check for damage or trapping.  Example the dedion tube or rear anti roll bar trapping the wiring, or even the diff mount.

I don’t think so, the wire only goes front the reverse switch, along the tunnel, down the back panel, along the tube below the dedion tube and round into the light, and the damage should be obvious, if there is no  visible damage then it’s CC’s problem, unfortunately this will ruin your schedule, but CC will fix it, if it’s not damaged.   

Option B make a lead and that will replace the faulty wire, tie wrap it to the loom so you can pass IOM IVA, then get CC to fix when it goes to PBC.  CC will make you that lead I am sure given the situation.

It’s only the Green Brown wire that’s the problem.  The black wire should be earthed.  You can dismantle the eco seal connector, pull out the ‘broken’ Green Brown wire, and put in the replacement.   You remove the yellow locking insert, then lift the tiny tag that holds the pin, and out comes the wire.   But speak to CC first and float that plan.