Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A future classic and potential parent/child project - Peugeot 205 XE

StuB

For sale is my daughter’s 1990 Peugeot 205 XE.  Fitted with the later TU engine and MA gearbox.  We bought it earlier this year for a bit of fun as her 17th birthday approached.  She couldn’t be persuaded that a more modern small Citroen/Fiat/VW/Seat like all her friends were driving was the more sensible way to go (and I loved her all the more for it)!  Ultimately though sensible has won the day and a 1997 Fiat Panda has been procured.  It’s a shame as both my wife and I love driving the Pug!  It’s been a real trip back to our teenage years.

Please be under no illusion this is a very basic car:

954cc engine

4 speed manual gearbox

Manual Windows

Non power assisted steering

Manual choke (remember those?)

But it starts first time, every time and is great fun to drive.  The small engine takes a while to get up to the national speed limit but that’s not the point.  It’s getting there that’s half the fun and the skinny tyres make it fun on the road.  Access to the engine bay is good and everything is very simple and straight forward to work on. 

There are a few things that will need a little attention.  The rear screen heater and cigarette lighter don’t work (they weren’t called power sockets in those days).  The colour is best described as chewing gum white and there is the odd lump of filler here and there. Also one of the hupcaps went MIA recently!  The main issue is that my daughter had a low speed bump into an immovable object.  This resulted in damage to the bumper and number plate, both fixed by me.  But it also exposed a small hole in the front valance.  There’s no further damage but this would need attention before it’s next MOT which will be due at the end of July 2019.  I’ve highlighted the area in one of the pictures and tried to take a couple of close up shots of it.

Ultimately I think this would make a great parent/child project to work on.  Parts are still cheap, readily available and the car easy to work on together.  If I had the luxury of a bigger garage I would keep it and work on it myself.  But to do that would mean the 7 would have to go and that’s a step too far!

£695 ono  to include a Haynes Manual.

Any questions via Blatmail or to stuartb71atgmail.com or 07795 576993

Viewings and test drives available, based near Burton on Trent, Staffordshire 

More pictures via the dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lltvoq64urxt8n0/AAD2LuaVMOyNB8OndN7ASV9Ia?dl=0

IMG_0003.thumb.JPG.3851c6e36899dfe523d3c3b6cb6e7a40.JPG