Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Combe

L7 FST

Well, that was a great day, yes?

Many thanks to James, Dave and Simon for excellent organisation and welcome, and to Merrick and Phil for kind and helpful instruction as usual *smile* 

No thanks to the Castle Combe officials for ending the day 15 minutes earlier than agreed (just as some of us were starting a final run), on the grounds that they ‘had things to do’ and wanted to get home *grumpy* 

A weak smile to Dinosaur Dave, Combe’s resident tyrant, for his usual tired routine at drivers’ briefing about how we’re all muppets and pansies etc and he hopes we’ll crash  *sleep* 

Big respect to everyone for exemplary courtesy on track *driving* 

Now for Snetterton...

Stephen *byebye* 

• Leadership Team

Yes, that was my first L7 track day, and I really enjoyed it. The coaching came in very useful - I didn't realise what could be done. It was also kind of Millwood Caterham to provide a very good lunch too.

Many thanks to the track day team for the considerable task in organising it.

Simon

Thanks to all involved in organising the Combe trackday, and to Jon Vickers for the lunch vouchers much appreciated.My trackday insurerer would not cover me for Castle Combe as they deemed it too dangerous,but with a cautious start and building up the speed carefully I found it a fast but enjoyable track.

My first track day - WOOHOO!- best fun I can remember having in a long time.  Thanks to all the organisers, much appreciated, Also to other track users (the racers with slicks) for their consideration of the seven-shaped obstacle in front of them.  I made huge leaps in confidence and I hope a little in driving ability.  Now, need a more powerful car...

Shout out to my twin (you know who I mean)...

I'll certainly add my thanks due to James and Simon, and the two Daves (Rothwell and Clark) for an excellent day.  In between the excitements of the track the ESV canopy's shade and refreshments were very welcome!

After my novices' day at Rockhampton earlier this year Phil Brough's further instruction gave me very good pointers, and a good sense of progression in my driving and handling. I also had the welcome bonus of some passenger laps courtesy of Mike Scott in his 620 and I got a much better understanding of just what these cars will do at a speed I haven't yet approached!

I came away very pleased with my day.

• Leadership Team

Thanks for the comments above, chaps (and for the other positive notes we've received by email); it seems that everyone enjoyed the day.

Neil Jones from Millwood Caterham has kindly provided a link to some excellent photos that he took, which can be viewed here.  He is happy for these to be downloaded if you want to keep a copy.

Still places at Snetterton on Thursday evening for anyone who wants another 'fix' next week...

James