Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heater matrix k series

Robs7

Ok I've read all the previous blogs on this subject but has anybody out there actually acquired a new matrix this year.

This is my 2nd matrix to go of which the last one came from Claytons in 2006 and they no longer sell them.

I've replaced O rings which were knackered but is definitely the matrix at fault. I have seen the matrix available for classic mini but has anybody fitted this without problems.

Any advice would be appreciated. K series Roadsport 1999.

Many Thanks

I started this thread recently, and new O-rings solved my issue, so I never had to pursue the Mini matrix. I did find a thread that suggested they fit without an issue. There is a sell on eBay that sell a high quality matrix for about £45 - Ian B posted links in the thread

Good luck *thumbup*

I have seen the matrix available for classic mini but has anybody fitted this without problems.

I have one, but have yet to fit it - however it looks identical and is all-metal, which I gather some of them aren't.

Reason I haven't fitted it yet is I have bypassed the old one to check for leaks elsewhere. Once I'm happy with that I'll fit it back in the loop *wink*

Ian I see the Rover MG one is 192mm which would just about fit in the 7 Box but would not fit the recess in the back of the bulkhead. Did you have to do any cutting?

Meanwhile I have requested sizes of the mini one.

My old unit appears to match 150mm width x 45mm thk x 180mm from head-plate to end of u-tubes i.e. excluding the 2 off (in/out) connections.

I will let you know about the new unit when I get it through.

Rob,

Just to ley you know it arrived today and very shiny it is too !

It looks identical to the one I took out with two exceptions:

1) Where the inlet & outlet connections are there is now a steel reinforcing plate.

2) the old unit has foam around the edges the new one does not. I already knew this and intend to bode something using adhesive foam from CBS.

If you let me have your e-mail address I can e-mail you some photos.

Chris