Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow for Sale part 2

four20

Got my old engine back from James Whiting and it's now ready for sale.

It's a 1760cc Roger King Crossflow unit fitted in Nov 2001 and has the usual RK bits pushing it to a claimed 155bhp. Engine is complete from the clutch forwards except for the carbs but has inlet and exhaust manifolds and complete exhaust with a shiny Techcraft repackable silencer.

I decided to change to a Zetec unit partly because the XF was going to need attention before doing any more sprints. After the last one the oil pressure was dropping very low at tickover although at road revs it was acceptable. I believe that the oil pump needs renovation but James Whiting thinks that the loose alternator he found caused the 'knocking' noises - he knows alot more than me but either way I don't believe the big ends are any worse than 'worn' (as opposed to clapped out).

the XF unit cost just over 4K in 2001 and has done about 32 thousand miles so I'm hoping for something in xs of 3 thousand to defray the cost of the Zetec (6K).

I live in West Berks and don't have an engine lift so prospective buyers would need to bring along a strong mate.

Hoping to sell through Blatchat but will go to ebay if there's little interest.

This engine has been sprinted over the last two years and got best in class at the last Castle Combe meeting of last year. Full spec from RK on demand.