Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen and various parts

K16TOY

RiF tall Carbon aero screen complete with black Racetech Mirrors in good condition reduced £275

Caterham half doors with elbow pockets fitted to my previous 7 but in very good condition £150 - Sold Steve

Shift i shift lights £50 very easy to fit with programmable shift lights - Sold Nick

Brand new K series clutch release fork £25

Items can be collected from Maidstone, Welling, Sevenoaks or posted at additional cost.

Edited by - K16toy on 21 Mar 2014 08:40:20

Do you have any pictures of the aero screen?

My car is fitted with a standard heated screen, will any modifications by require for this to fit? Will they be easily interchangeable?

Apolgies for what might be obvious questions but I only picked up my first 7 at the weekend *smile*

Smiffy , its a pretty easy swap if you have the captured nuts here and should take about 1/2hr tops once they are in place , otherwise it can take a bit longer.

If you search the threads there is loads about +/- of running aero I've run both and yes its faster and makes you feel far more like you are in a racing car. but I found getting kitted up for myself and passengers not worth the hassle so now it only comes out on high days on holidays

Edited by - nickh7 on 26 Mar 2014 12:44:16

Edited by - nickh7 on 26 Mar 2014 12:44:43

@Smiffy7

I bought a RiF Carbon Aeroscreen a few weeks before collection (so, a few weeks ago then 😬) although have yet to fit it. Looks like we might be going through the first fitment at the same time *thumbup*.

The way I saw it was that if I don't like it, it'll be easy to sell on. Therefore what have you got to lose?

Hi Smiffy,

As Nick has mentioned if you get the captive nut kit it is quick and easy to swap between between the screen and aero.

The only reason for selling the aeroscreen is the replacement 7 already has one.

If you can reply the the email I have sent I can forward photos on.

Quoting nickh7: 
Smiffy , its a pretty easy swap if you have the captured nuts here and should take about 1/2hr tops once they are in place , otherwise it can take a bit longer.

If you search the threads there is loads about +/- of running aero I've run both and yes its faster and makes you feel far more like you are in a racing car. but I found getting kitted up for myself and passengers not worth the hassle so now it only comes out on high days on holidays

When you say kitted up, do you mean just putting on a helmet? I was just thinking about getting one as a 'track accessory', providing they can be interchangeable with minimal fuss and the performance gains are worth it. A little more reading required perhaps....

I have been using a aeroscreen on the road for over 5 years all you need is a good pair of protective googles like Wiley's.

You will find a noticeable difference with the aero on and when blating I found it slowed me down as it made it feel like you were going a lot quicker.

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting K16TOY: 
I have been using a aeroscreen on the road for over 5 years all you need is a good pair of protective googles like Wiley's.

You will find a noticeable difference with the aero on and when blating I found it slowed me down as it made it feel like you were going a lot quicker.

K16TOY, did you not get my return email Re. photos?

OK no worries. The email probably went into your junk folder. A common problem I've notice when making first contact with BC members...