Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tilletts, bit of advice please.

kenny.

Just finished the garden task and now feel like another dabble in the garage now I'm using the car a bit more.

Original seats are very uncomfortable so I'm taking the plunge and fitting the Tillets I have in stock. Done this job once on another 7 and it was a nightmare..........hoping to box it off this time before F1 quali 😬

Question is.......the car has a drivers lowered floor. Is the concensus that you don't need the under floor strengthener with this set up?

Cheers fellas.........will post up before and after pics (and the blood stains) when I'm done *thumbup*

• Area Representative

kenny

If I remember when discussing fitting with Bruce at Arch Motors the plates are to bring the seat up enough so it fits OK, if you attach directly to the floor it fouls with the sides. I may be wrong as it was about nearly 7 years ago. I think I fitted some short bolts coated in paint to get the hole positions. Measuring was problematic as it is difficult to judge where the seat will sit to avoid interfering with the cockpit sides. Probably one of the hardest jobs on a 7 in my experience.

Nick

Ah Many thanks Nick. I was actually referring to the underside "support" strip.......however you are correct in that the seats need spacing inside the car due to their shape....again thanks for posting *thumbup*

You've spoiled it now though I was going to pose about that......my Eureka moment today was indeed painting the ends of the studding sticking out of the seats............bugger 😬.........It flippin' worked though.

Jeez just weighing up the passenger side now for a trial fit............can't believe how high and vunerable it feels with the normal floor....and I wanted to junk my drivers lowerered floor when I got it!!

That paint blob method is foolproof.........took a few attempts to position seat correctly but when I got the position the tell tale paint spots did the trick.........I struggled for a week with this job last time......I'm kicking myself now. 2 seats in an afternoon...........just putting car on ramps now for tightening up tomorrow.

One small issue, you guys with the one lowered floor like me...........do you make any attempt to get them to sit at the same height?.............it seems daft to me as it would negate the lowered floor. Just looks a bit odd at present.

Cheers

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/lotusman/P1000373_zps06262a1c.jpg