Click here if you are having website access problems ×

5 speed Quaiffe pro c/r box

ECR

I may have for sale (If I can persuade Barbara that she actually likes a dog box !)...

5 speed straight cut Quaiffe pro box (needle roller). Quaiffe alloy case, alloy lid with modified breather outlet and front corner filler point. 2.04 first gear. The box can be delivered with either long or short input shaft and so will fit any car arranged for a type 9 gearbox. The box is being professionally refreshed by SPC at the moment and will have zero miles after rebuild.

I am told that this box would currently be over £1700.00 new and I am open to offers in the region of £850.00

Barabara,

I understand that 'dog' boxes are considered a particularly good investment in these troubled times and are considered to be money well spent. The prudent amongst us will also ensure that they have a buyer for their soon the 'spare' gearbox which for lesser mortals with lesser 7's will prove a good buy (In case MY wife is reading this).

Should you be concerned as to its future home may I assure you it will be made most welcome and will be found a suitable resting place.

Tony

I think the idea of Roger's "Godbox" is more for horsepower (249.7) than dog power and it's already in the car ! *wink*

Just haven't driven it yet (till Cadwell on Friday) so if I crunch all day please ignore me and pretend it didn't happen ! 😳 😬

And yes ..... I do know the price *eek* *eek* *eek* You could get a %$*^^%$ or a @%$£$%%^ or a small %^&%$£^% for that! *tongue* 😬

Just in case you're interested .... tried the dogbox on Friday at Cadwell - a few clunky changes 😳 and it's definitely different *eek* but I've told Roger that I can live with it *cool* so please turn a deaf ear while I learn the technique of changing in a less embarrassing manner for the next couple of trackdays.

Barbara. *thumbup*

Edited by - Barbara Swift on 23 Sep 2002 16:00:33